Introduction to PHP:
PHP is a widely used open source general purpose programming language originally designed for web development. It was created by Rasmus Lerdorf in the year 1994. PHP is an acronym for PHP: “Hypertext Preprocessor”.
PHP is an amazing and one of the most popular programming language. PHP code can be executed with a command line interface, embedded into HTML code, web content management system and web frameworks.
PHP can be use in all operating systems, compatible with all servers and it is mainly focused on a server-side scripting, you can do anything such as collect form data, create dynamic web pages, send or receive cookies, etc. and many more.
It is very popular programming language, it can do anything related to server-side scripting and also known as the backend of a website. PHP can receive data from forms, generate dynamic page contents and also compatible with working databases.
PHP programming language is use by many big companies such as Facebook, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Tumblr, Etsy, etc. Around the world.
To download PHP, Go to www.php.net/downloads.php
Features of PHP:
PHP is very simple and easy to learn programming language. It is very popular and well suited for web development. Some of the important features of PHP programming language are as follows,
- PHP scrips are executed faster and it performs well server and results in faster processing speed and better performance.
- PHP can be easily integrated with many databases such as Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server and many more.
- It is powerful language for content management systems like WordPress, Joomla, etc.
- PHP is a cross-platform programming language, it can work with major operating systems like Windows, Linux and macOS.
- PHP programming has built-in support for MySQL, one of the most popular database management system.
Hello World in PHP:
<html> <head> <title>Hello World</title> </head> <body> <?php echo "Hello, World!";?> </body> </html>
What can PHP do?
- PHP can generate dynamic page contents.
- PHP can collect form data.
- It can send and receive cookies.
- It can add, delete and modify data in your database.
- It can be easily connected with databases.
- It can encrypt data.
Applications of PHP:
PHP is one of the most popular programming language. Here are some of the applications of PHP programming language are as follows,
- PHP can be used to create web applications such as Social Networks, ecommerce websites.
- It is used to writing desktop applications and backend.
- Facebook was created with PHP programming language. It is very helpful to create Facebook applications and easily integrate Facebook plugins to your website.
- It is used to create email applications and used to sending emails from your website.
- It can be used to control user access.
- It is used to create dynamic web page contents.