Virtual Reality (VR) is a technology in which a simulated artificial experience that employs a user’s physical presence in a virtual world. VR technology is a simulated 3D environment that enable user to explore the virtual world with the use of virtual computer technology.
What is Virtual Reality?
Virtual Reality (VR) is a simulated experience that enables users to explore and interact with a virtual 3D environment. This technology use of VR headsets or multi-projected environments to generate some realistic virtual surroundings includes realistic, images, sounds, other sensations and virtual environment with the help of computer hardware a software’s and the users experience a physical presence in a virtual environment.
The users can experience the virtual reality environment with the help of wear devices such as VR headsets, helmets or goggles to interact with the environment. This technology involves and uses high quality displays and motion sensors to create an immersive and interactive experience with the user.
In a virtual reality environment, users can interact with objects, components and surroundings, manipulate and experience them, and can able to move from one place to another in a 3D space.nd the user can feel this experience as realistic.
Difference with Augmented Reality:
The Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) both technologies are originated decades ago and many of people still confusing between both technologies. The main difference is, Virtual Reality (VR) is a simulated experience that enables users to explore and interact with a virtual 3D environment and Augmented Reality (AR) is a combination of virtual and real world, an accurate 3D registration of an object and real time interaction.
Applications of Virtual Reality:
Virtual Reality has wide range of applications with various fields from entertainment and gaming industry to the education, healthcare and military. It is also widely used in engineering and architecture to create a simulation of buildings, machines, powerplants, structures and mega constructions.
Here are some of the most important applications of a Virtual Reality (VR) technology are as follows,
- Virtual Reality technology is widely used in gaming industries to develop games that experience a gamer that they are the main character and play the game in a real world.
- VR technology also used in entertainment industries to make a 3D VR and 4D movies that enhance the experience of viewers.
- This technology nowadays used in engineering and architecture to develop a virtual reality environment before the construction of megastructure or manufacturing of machines and components.
- The VR technology is a new way of modernizing healthcare training. It is used to train healthcare specialists who need to perform practices.
- The virtual reality technology is widely used in automotive industries to analysis the complex parts and to manufacture smart cars.
- It is also used for tourism where users can experience the tourist’s spots in a virtual world and make it virtual tours.