By Mahesh Vyas 20 December, 2019
Artificial intelligence (AI), sometimes called machine intelligence, is intelligence demonstrated by machines, in contrast to the natural intelligence displayed by humans and other animals. Artificial Intelligence is a branch of computer science concerned with the study and creation of computer system that exhibit some form of intelligence such as systems that learn new tasks and concepts, draw useful conclusions and follow new approaches that require human types of intelligence.
Artificial intelligence was founded as an academic discipline in 1956, and in the years since has experienced several waves of optimism, followed by new approaches, success and renewed funding. These sub-fields are based on technical considerations, such as particular goals examples like robotics, machine learning, etc. Subfields have also been based on social factors. Intelligence has the ability to understand and apply the knowledge or ability to exercise our thoughts.
Artificial Intelligence has already been started to develop and perform many types of important tasks in today world but, this revolution may take the risk of mass unemployment. After some years and use of artificial intelligence in all aspects, areas and industries, there is a huge question of unemployment occurs. Artificial Intelligence is very useful and efficient but it takes place of the positions of the engineers and workers and there will be a risk of mass unemployment.
Artificial Intelligence is one of the most important and advance development of this century. Most of the leading countries using artificial intelligence for their work. Countries like the United States, Japan and other leading countries in the world announced the plans for artificial intelligence. It is very useful for a development of country and effiencient to use in the projects like in technology, defense, advance research, industries, etc.
Artificial Intelligence plays very important role in day to day life in every field and the most important thing is that it saves time. AI has been advance many fields and develop programs to perform a specific task. Some of the applications of an artificial intelligence are as follows,
1. Expert Systems: The system is to make expertise available to take a decision that needs answer quickly. The type of knowledge based systems is used to increase the productivity in science, business and engineering.
2. Machine Vision: Machine vision systems are used in many industrial applications. Machine vision is the application of computer vision to factory automation. In industries, an inspector check the quality of production so that, machine vision system has advance software which saves the work of an inspector and the production time.
3. Computer Science: Artificial Intelligence researchers have created many tools like time sharing, dynamic programming, functional programming, object oriented programming, intelligent storage management system and many more to solve the most difficult problems in computer science.
4. Robotics: Robotics is a field of artificial intelligence which has ability to move and act in the world. In this, a system that possesses knowledge from the application and take information from environment. This information is then used to make decision and act. These technologies are used to develop machines that can substitute for humans and replicate human actions.
5. Aviation: The Air Operations Division uses expert systems in airplanes to monitor atmospheric conditions and system status. Airplane simulators are using artificial intelligence in order to process the data taken from simulated flights. The system also used for Auto Pilot to set airplane for the destination. The AOD also uses artificial intelligence in speech reorganization software to contact with air traffic control. The Artificial Intelligence supported Design of Aircraft is used to help designers in the process of creating conceptual designs of aircraft.
6. Finance: Banks use intelligent software applications to save and analyze financial data. It becomes more advance in stock market to save the stock values and their exchanges.
7. Heavy Industry: Robots have become common in many industries and are often given jobs that are considered dangerous to humans. A manufacturing process is now totally automated, controlled and maintained by computer systems in various industries. Japan is the leading country in the world in terms of robotics research and use.
8. Games: From 1990s there was a mass production of using an artificial intelligence in the field of gaming. The games are too advance today with many impressive tools for playing. AI also available for video games. You can now buy machines which can play master level chess.